Friday 4 March 2011

Room and Board

I'm a bad girl. Why? Because I should not be giving you a tease of the final chapter of Room and Board until it is done. But at least I'm writing it.

I was stuck, why I could not finish the story.

I've been sick, a wicked cold for like two weeks.

Well, one day last week, one night, really, I was coughing and tossing and sniffling and turning and at like 3:00 in the morning, unable to sleep, inspiration struck me.

It came to me how to finish the story.

I won't tell you what happens, yet, because I'm writing, but I decided to write the last chapter from Lisa and Amanda's perspective. A stupid literary change, the first nine parts were told from Jamie's point of view. Well, switching the last part to Lisa/Amanda's has inspired me to write, to finish, to conclude.

I'm up to 6,000 words, which is something. I have more to write, then I have to go back and re-read it, then edit it.

But I'm writing.

I don't know when it will be done, certainly not in the next couple of weeks, but it will be done sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment